The skillet chicken with carrots and potatoes is an easy midweek meal that will soon become part of your family dinner rotation!
- 1 tablespoon tapioca or corn starch
- 1 ⅔ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1 ½ pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- 1 ½ tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- Sweet paprika
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound red-skinned potatoes, about 2 inches in diameter, and quartered
- 8 carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 1 ½-inch piece
- Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper and generously with paprika.
- In a heavy big frypan over medium-high heat, warm butter. Then add the chicken and cook till brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add onion to the frying pan and gently stir. Add the carrots and potato quarters.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and sauté till vegetables are starting to turn brown, about 5 minutes.
- Now add starch and stir to coat. Slowly mix in the broth. Give a boil, make sure to stir often. Return the chicken to the pan and give a boil.
- Cover the pan, lower the heat to medium-low, and simmer up until the chicken and vegetables are prepared through, turning the chicken over and stirring sometimes, do this for about 25 minutes.
- Mix in the thyme. Add spices to taste.
- Divide the chicken and vegetables amongst 4 warmed plates and serve immediately.
- Category: Dinner
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 427 Kcal
- Sugar: 15.5 g
- Sodium: 1188.6 mg
- Fat: 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.5 g
- Fiber: 10.4 g
- Protein: 17.7 g
- Cholesterol: 86.2 mg
Keywords: Skillet Chicken with carrots and Potatoes, dinner ideas, chicken dinner ideas