Ham and Cheese Quiche is the simplest and tastiest recipe you can think of! To keep things as easy as possible, we will be starting with a store-bought pie crust and packing it up with a simple mixture of cubed ham, eggs, and cheese.
- 1 (9 inch) pastry for a 9-inch pie crust
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ cup diced cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 ¼ cups half-and-half
- 5 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup green onions
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- The oven should be preheated to 400oF (200oC).
- Press pie pasty into the bottom of a 9-inch pieplate
- Then, pie crust should be baked inpreheated oven for 5 minutes, afork can be used to poke holes into the crust,and continue cooking until lightly browned, around 5 minutes more.
- The oven heat should then be reduced to350oF (175oC).
- Mix Swiss cheese, 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, and 1tablespoon flour in a bowl and spread over the warm pie crust
- Stir ham and honey mustard together in a bowl tocoat the ham completely; spoon over the cheese mixture.
- Mix eggs, eggs, half-and-half, green onions, 1tablespoon flour, and salt together in bowl. Pour mixture carefully over theham layer and top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until set in thecenter, 40 to 50 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Calories: 223