Everybody enjoys a french toast with a thick stack of drizzle maple syrup, who doesn’t? This eggless french toast tastes exactly like that but this time, without eggs.
- ½ cup milk, regular or dairy-free
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegan alternative, for grilling
- 2 slices thick white bread
- Maple syrup, for serving
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- Powdered sugar, optional
- Combine the first line ingredients, the cornstarch, cinnamon, milk, and vanilla, in a small to medium bowl. Whisk till the cornstarch dissolved and everything is combined.
- Put a large, non stick pan over medium heat and let it heat for some minutes.
- Then, soak one slice of bread into the milk mixture for some time and flip to also soak the other side, for about 3 seconds.
- Melt one tablespoonful of butter in the pan and put 2 slices of bread into the center of the pan, thern cook untill it turns golden brown.
- With the use of a spatula, flip the french toast pieces and let the other side brown too by heating for an extra 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the pan and repeat the steps with the remaining slices of butter and butter.
- Once the cooking is done, use strawberry toppings, syrup and powdered sugar (if using) on the bread.
If you are allergic to eggs then you really need an eggless french toast that is almost as great as the original.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 12.87g
- Sodium: 240.09mg
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated Fat: .298g
- Carbohydrates: 31.3g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 35.7mg
Keywords: egg free french toast, eggless baked french toast, eggless french toast bake, how to make french toast without eggs