This made-at-home recipe for baked chicken tenders is the ideal option for pre-packaged frozen tenders. They are made with genuine, unprocessed chicken, and you will have very little clean-up after dinner due to the fact that they are not fried but baked.
- ⅔ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cupPanko (or Gluten-Free Homemade Panko)
- ½ cup white flour
- 1 ¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 egg, whisked
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup marinara sauce, for dipping
- Cut the fat from the tenders.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degress F and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Set out 3 medium bowls.
4. In the 1st bowl, combine the white flour, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt together. Stir to mix perfectly.
5. In the 2nd bowl, combine the blended egg and minced garlic, stir to mix.
6. In the 3rd bowl, combine the paprika, basil, parmesan cheese, and Panko. Stir to mix.
7. Place the tenders in the flour mix, followed by the egg mix, and then the panko mix ensuring to equally and completely coat each piece.
8. Place the tenders on the sheet pan leaving adequate space around each tender to make sure they are cooked evenly.
9. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes prior to turning the tenders to the other side and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes or till the temperature level reaches 165 degrees F.
10. Remove from the oven and serve with marinara sauce.
Kids enjoy baked chicken tenders and nuggets from the drive-thru for lunch so it is always better to have the chicken tenders packed in a lunchbox. They can be baked the night before, making a couple of extras, and keep them in the fridge.
- Category: Lunch or Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 tenders
- Calories: 218 Kcal
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Sodium: 595.58 mg
- Fat: 7.55 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1 g
- Trans Fat: 0.098 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 10.1 g
- Cholesterol: 47.5 mg